on that note tom and all I descovered now that you can get 5.1 speakers that can plug to the headphone jack of a standard soundcard if you wish for little cash, logitech does those forgot the model. Obviously you really would need the propper card for this eventually but that could be another option. The speakers are not that much 130nz so maybe in the us they are a bit cheaper than that.