Hi Dark,

Yeah, here is to hoping things will improve. Like Darren, though, I am
concerned the kind of message we send if we focus too much on any
specific type of game or genre. Sure there is a place for word games,
virtical shooters like Space Invaders, and probably room for simple
Duck Hunt knock-offs like Pull. Still, there is a lot of room to grow,
and most developers have not tapped the full potential of the style or
genres of the games they do create. I blame that on lack of practical
experience. Since many have been blind from birth, have no experience
playing independant or mainstream games, they don't have any idea how
far below standards their games really are if we compare them to
mainstream game x.

However, you are absolutely right about the differences between a
mainstream company and VI independant developers. Lack of professional
training, lack of money to purchase high quality sound effects, and
plane simple lack of experience with mainstream games in general are
all problems facing this community as a whole. Its hard to strive for
something like that without money, proper training for it, and little
to no experience creating games like that.

Cheers!