Hi Dark,

Yeah, I understand cheat codes to a point. Especially, if they aid in
accessibility in some way, but I've never understood the kind of gamer
who reads an indepth walkthrough of a certain game, looks up all the
cheat codes, etc before he or she even starts the game for the first
time. I just don't see the point of having the game if he/she in tends
to cheat all the way through it from the beginning. There is no
challenge or replay value in that sort of game. All the surprise,
challenge, enjoyment is removed or down played to the point all the
player has to do is kill everything in sight with impunity. What's the
fun in that?

I suppose it is the same kind of mindset that people have who get into
god-moding in roll playing games. They are such sore losers that they
think their character must be the fastest, strongest, most powerful
character in the party. Nobody likes a person like that in their guild
specifically because if their character gets killed in the course of a
nights roll playing adventure they are the first to wine and moan
about it all evening because they are such sore losers.  I'm sure
you've met a few of those in your own gaming experience. I can't stand
such players because they have no sense of fairness or gamesmanship.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure those people who constantly depend on cheat
codes and walkthroughs before they even start a game are pretty much
the same way. They are such sore losers that they stack the odds
they'll win the game with almost no risk of losing. Then, when they
complete the game they'll brag how awesome they are and how they beat
the game even though they cheated their entire way through it. It
irritates me to no end to encounter people like that.

Although, I do take your point about amusement value. Although, it is
a passing thing. Something that only works if I'm in the right mindset
for it.

For instance, my wife and I might get into a fight. I'm upset, angry,
and I want to take out my anger on something. So I'll start up Shades
of Doom, put in a few cheat codes, and walk around two or three levels
killing everything and anything with impunity. I often blow up
equipment and basically go on a rampage. There certainly is a bit of
psychotic amusement in stalking the monsters like shooting fish in a
rain barrel. However, it doesn't last for me. After a couple of levels
of this I calm down and I grow board with shooting, blowing up, and
basically destroying everything and anything that has the misfortune
of getting in my way because there is no challenge or purpose in the
game at that point. Its more interesting when I'm low on ammo and a
blob is hunting me for dinner, and I have to figure out some way to
kill it before it kills me.

Cheers!