I love using the mouse for this- it adds a certain of...not sure the word I need, but it makes you feel like you're playing a real first person shooter rather than "just another audio game." if that makes sense. Though I'll admit I don't use the mouse to aim yet- but that's cause I can't aim worth jack with my hearing issue currently lol- I tend to just sweep all around me and waste lots of ammo.