Hi Dark,

Ouch! You definately seem to have a serious grudge against gamepads. Lol!

As for myself I am totally the opposite. I love gamepads, prefer them
over a keyboard, and generally play games like Mysteries of the
Ancients exclusively using my Logitech F510 gamepad. So that is my
personal comfort zone.

I suppose the reason for that is I got hooked on gamepads when
Nintendo introduced them with the original NES. I could use my left
thumb to move around using the POV hat, and the right thumb to press
the A and B buttons. Essentially, modern gamepads like the F510 aren't
that much different accept for the fact there are 10 to 12 buttons to
choose from now plus a variety of extra controls available depending
on gamepad make and model.

In any case I just find gamepads way more flexable than a keyboard.
Especially, when it comes to adding special moves that can't easily be
performed on a keyboard.

For instance, in a game like Double Dragon you might push the POV hat
up while pressing the fire button to deliver an uppercut. Push down
and fire to deliver a jab to the stomach. Press up with fire and jump
to deliver a flying kick. I suppose the same could be accomplished on
the keyboard, but doesn't seem as natural to me.

Cheers!