Hi Dark,

Like I said it all depends on the game in question. Yes, if we are
talking a simple table top RPG type affair the math isn't a big deal.
You are going to mainly be doing stat calculations which are not all
that complex. Diddo for any kind of card or board game.

Now, if someone wanted to write a game like Nascar Thunder they are
going to have to know some physics and higher math to pull off a
simulation like that. a person could fudge it, but the more math and
physics a developer adds to the game the more realistic the game will
be.  Sometimes there are just aren't any replacements for the proper
skills and experience for more technically advanced games like racing
sims, flight sims, space sims, whatever. Which was my point.

The types of games a person could create largely depends on A, the
developer's personal skill level at the time, and B, how willling they
are to learn something new. Plus the developer's personal interests as
well count alot for the types of games we might see from him/her.

For instance, I've never been much of a baseball fan. My interest is
so-so. However, I've been a fan of wrestling since I was at least 5
years old. So based on that information I'm much more likely to
produce a wrestling game rather than baseball just because that's
where my interests are.

Diddo for some of the concepts Jeremy has been demonstrating in his
games. Swamp is a great game conceptually and I definitely don't have
any complaints about it. However, I confess I like playing alone, am
not big on on line game play, so even though I know what can be done
using an online server I'll still primarily focus on games designed
for off line play. That's just because that's what I personally like.

Cheers!