Hi Willem,

Well, for what its worth I completely agree with you about the
registry. I've always thought the Windows registry was a bad idea on
Microsoft's part, and never use it myself because I can serialize,
encrypt, and write the same data to a file on the hard drive thus
invalidating any need for a registry in the first place. Plus even
Microsoft recommends using the registry sparingly for the same reasons
you mention. So I personally choose to avoid it altogether.

As for using plane text ini or conf files you have a point, but I
still contend serialization is the best way to handle it for most
practical situations. Plus the .Net Framework has serialization
functions that will save serialized data to an xml file that can be
edited but has the ease of use of binary serialization. That to me is
really the best of both worldsas you have the ease of use of the
serialize and deserialize functions, but write the data to a plane
text  xml file that can later be edited by hand.

Cheers!