From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 5:36 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] More BGT news

As an interesting fact, in a couple of low vision access games I've played,
editing a conf file is actually a great way around mucking about with
options menues, sinse I can just read it in Hal.

The most extreme form of this is in the game Rocks n diamonds, which has
about 8 pages! of options, the learning of which could be a nightmare,
particularly as there are some really useful options buried in the list,
such as the ability to set scroll delay to zero so that the screen scrolls
around the characters' position, rather than the character running all over
the screen (an obscure idea but brilliant for field of vision trouble).

Obviously this doesn't apply to audio games where presumably all the
settings will be accessible anyhow.

Beware the grue!