In the next update I'm going to let you change the channel of your radio.  If
your friends know you'll be using channel 4 then you can all switch to that one
and not hear people on the other channels.  I don't plan to give official rules
to the different channels, but I expect that the players themselves will be
able to govern themselves pretty well with it.  I won't be surprised if certain
channels end up being used by non English speaking players, or if others end up
being used by the chat spammers who tell about their game in extreme detail.