Hi,

We aren't saying that Super Liam and Q9 aren't good games. What we are
saying is that the full 2d potential of such games aren't fully
realized or used where a lot of mainstream games included quite a bit
of movement along both the x and y axis of movement.

For instance, a beat-m-up I use to play alot, Legend of Kage, was
primarily run left or right and mow down as many enemy ninjas as you
can. Most of the combat and movement was strictly along the x axis.
However, there were also levels where you could move along the y axis
as well such as running up and down staircases in the castle, or
jumping from tree top to tree top in the forest over the heads of the
ninjas. If an enemy ninja was in the trees you could knock him out of
the tree and you'd watch him fall to the ground. I haven't personally
seen anyaudio side-scrollers add this 2d element to combat and
movement. I personally consider this a feature rather than weather
game x is good or bad.