you should check out youtube.com
They have a lot of reviews and open box showing a lot of this stuff.

At 02:34 PM 1/5/2012, you wrote:
Hey thanks for the tips Trouble, great to meet another blind guy into this hobby you're the first I've come across in quite a while. Yes I do try to take the heli off with the tail toward me for a good point of reference but you of course sometimes get rotation one way or the other which will throw you off. These little helis that I have don't have individual trim controls they just have a trim dial below the sticks. I assume if I get something a bit more sophisticated like the Eflight ones I mention they will have more trim controls.

Thanks again.

Tom