Hi Dark,

Good point. Shades of doom uses a 20 by 20 grid, and I think it takes
10 steps to move one unit on the grid. Therefore giving you the total
of 200 steps in any direction. That's actually quite small compared to
a mainstream game. Now,imagine if the grid were expanded to 100 units.
That would give you 1,000 steps in any direction, and give you five
times the space to explore. If David Greenwood ever wanted to expand
the game he certainly could do so.

However, regarding expansion items a lot of mainstream games do have
Easter eggs, and we are unfortunately lacking in that department.
Usually its something small like if you unlock a certain door, double
back to the beginning of the level, you will be able to play a bonus
level that is normally  unavailable when you try and access that door
initially. Those kinds of expansions are certainly doable but would
have to be added in after the majority of the game is complete I
think.

For example, let's take MOTA. Right now I'm struggling just to
complete 12 levels of standard game play let alone any bonus content
or extras. That's fine. I can complete it as is, and then in a year or
so go back in and add bonus content, extra levels, that are unlocked
by doing certain things in the game. In a case like that all I have to
do is work on extra content rather than building the entire game from
scratch after I have the basic game written and debugged to start
with.

Cheers!