Hi Simos, *,

2011/6/6 Simos Xenitellis <simos.li...@googlemail.com>:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
>> On 6/6/11 10:41, Manfred A. Reiter wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Richard, *
>>>
>>> 2011/6/6 Richard S. Hall<he...@ungoverned.org>

[...]

>>> Fact: Your employer provoked the split, by a absolute
>>> "non-communication" on the existing mailinglist.
>>> Now, to say that TDF has split the Communtiy is dishonest!
>>
>> Forking splits communities. Whether you feel you had a justified reason for
>> doing so does not change this fact. I am not weighing in on whether it is
>> right or wrong in this case, since I think that is immaterial to where we
>> are now.
>>

> That's an example of denial. I do not see a conductive environment here
> if such attitudes are tolerated.
>
>> I am only going by the "facts" as presented on the various Apache mailing
>> lists. If it is true that TDF was engaged by Oracle/IBM before the Apache
>> proposal, but failed to come to terms, then I cannot see how one can claim
>> that the Apache proposal was merely an attempt to split the community.
>>

> You should read more about free and open-source software, from diverse
> sources.
> Get a lwn.net subscription.
>
> Similar example, there was XFree86 long time ago that behaved just
> like the Oracle developers.

sorry, I have to take the _developer's defense_. It is self-evident
that salaried developers are not
allowed to communicate on mailinglists what they are _thinking_ what
her employer is thinking about the project. The more, the community of
volunteers expect that a new owner (BTW:
April 2009) expresses his ideas about the future of product.

cheers

Manfred