On 6/6/11 14:26, Greg Stein wrote:
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 14:17, Richard S. Hall<he...@ungoverned.org>  wrote:
On 6/6/11 13:50, Greg Stein wrote:
How about we drop these lines of discussion, and simply follow Ross'
advice and focus on "what is needed by the Incubator PMC to accept
this proposal?"
While I agree that a lot of this discussion is pointless, I guess it is just
difficult to know where to precisely draw the line since my original
response was to Phil Steitz (who is on the IPMC), where he at least implied
if not directly stated that this proposal was exploitative and that was
potential grounds for rejecting it.

The difficulty in discussing this is because there are so many emotional
minefields (and probably rightly so) for those involved so it is easy for
some people to assume the worst in what gets said/written. For me, I have no
emotion invested in this at all. I'm just a user of OOo since 2000 and a guy
who likes the Apache license.
Agreed. Personally, I use OOo sparingly, as I prefer Google Docs. My
interest is largely spurred by the attraction of being able to apply
ALv2 to this awesome piece of software. I believe that will be a
*huge* enabler for the software world. It is vanishingly rare to have
such a situation. "Epic" might be a good word :-) ... and who
*doesn't* want to be part of something like that?

I couldn't have said it better myself... :-)

-> richard

Cheers,
-g