On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 14:17, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> On 6/6/11 13:50, Greg Stein wrote:
>> How about we drop these lines of discussion, and simply follow Ross'
>> advice and focus on "what is needed by the Incubator PMC to accept
>> this proposal?"
>
> While I agree that a lot of this discussion is pointless, I guess it is just
> difficult to know where to precisely draw the line since my original
> response was to Phil Steitz (who is on the IPMC), where he at least implied
> if not directly stated that this proposal was exploitative and that was
> potential grounds for rejecting it.
>
> The difficulty in discussing this is because there are so many emotional
> minefields (and probably rightly so) for those involved so it is easy for
> some people to assume the worst in what gets said/written. For me, I have no
> emotion invested in this at all. I'm just a user of OOo since 2000 and a guy
> who likes the Apache license.

Agreed. Personally, I use OOo sparingly, as I prefer Google Docs. My
interest is largely spurred by the attraction of being able to apply
ALv2 to this awesome piece of software. I believe that will be a
*huge* enabler for the software world. It is vanishingly rare to have
such a situation. "Epic" might be a good word :-) ... and who
*doesn't* want to be part of something like that?

Cheers,
-g