Why? Do you need something to do? I have many unworked open source tasks that I could pass on. I'm happy to help you along on them. Seriously.

Henri Yandell wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Torsten Curdt wrote:

 However Jakarta-sandbox is
SCOPELESS.  Go have a scopeless sandbox on sourceforge IMO.  If you want
to start a whole NEW project then do that in the incubator IMO.

Why on sourceforge - why not on our infrastructure?
What the difference for you?

You want every tiny (commons) library go through the incubator?
...or do you just don't want full projects sneak in through that sandbox?

So far I don't understand why you are seeing this so problematic.

I think I get it.

* If the scope of Jakarta = anything in Java, then a Jakarta Sandbox is a terrifying prospect.

* If the scope of Jakarta is refined, then a Jakarta Sandbox would not be a problem.

I think it's a pretty fair point for people to have. Will start another email based on Jakarta's scope.

Hen