Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis posted on Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:37:34
+0100 as excerpted:

> 2010-03-22 22:12:54 Jacob Godserv napisał(a):
>> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:11, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
>> <arfre...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>> > Python 3 is not masked. The discussion is about stabilization.
>>
>> Duncan's comments still apply, though, right? What's against writing a
>> news item about stabilizing Python?
>
> There is already a thread about news item:
> http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/
msg_814e67764c17f88bde94f22e9a392e4f.xml

(link wrapped)

But that doesn't mention that users may wish to package.mask it, to avoid
having it on their systems at all.  That's what /I/ was suggesting in
/this/ thread, that a news item (presumably that one) should mention the
package.mask option.

That really does seem to be about the best compromise, given the situation
as described so well in this thread.