On 06/25/2014 08:54 PM, Dale wrote:
> Curious.  I hope I don't start a flame war here.  I have had WD, Seagate
> and I think there is a Samsung here somewhere, may be the one that is
> rolling over on its back now.  The one drive that failed a few years ago
> was a WD drive.  That said, all the other WD drives I have had just got
> to small to really use, and slow when SATA came out.  I'm partial to WD
> and Seagate still since I got good long term use out of those.  Based on
> your experience, you tend to be of the same opinion?

Flame war on a mailing list? Nah, will never happen. :-)

We have over 100 workstations at work and so far the WD Blue drives fail
the most, Seagate second, Samsung third.

At home once I get a bad run of one manufacturer I usually get ticked
off and find another to switch to.

I originally used WD, then Maxtor, then Seagate, then Samsung, then WD
again... where I am now.

Dan