* teunis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [000119 22:24]:

> > Hi! I have a system where svgalib doesn't work very well, and I use the
> > console a lot. In fact, I only use X (XGGI) to read dvi & ps files. Is there
> > any ghostscript ggi driver on the plans? Anybody working or thinking on
> > working on a dvi viewer (hacks on tmview, for example?)
>
> PS: I can't really see too many probs with building one... but I've never
> looked at the problem *sigh*

I tried to hack tmview but it would take way too long for my current
schedule. I contacted the author and *he* said it would take too long... Oh
well.

Building a gs driver shouldn't be difficult *at all* for anyone who did
build any other gs driver before (I didn't :( , and it would be very useful,
after all one could gs --device=ggi any ps file, and a dvi can be psed
easily. One could use it to browse ps files with lynx! I also tried to look
at the gs drivers but there were too many options, and since my time is
short I would end up producing crap code. Oh well again.

Cheers,

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius      o__     o__     o__     o__     o__
Stanford University               ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_

HE WHO SACRIFICES FUNCTIONALITY FOR EASE OF USE
LOSES BOTH AND DESERVES NEITHER