> > > * How can I tell if I'm using the X11 device or not?
> If on console, I must wait for a key to release the console. If in a
> windowing system, I must not, since the plot will be in another window...
> And waiting for a key is giving problems on Octave.

I see.

> > There is a way of doing this using the wmh-extension, however it will
> > basically tell you if you are running under a windowing system (of which
> > only X is supported yet).

> Is this a GGI thing?

Yes. Look at libwmh in the lib subdir. If you link the application with it
and Initialize it and Attach the mwh-Extension to a visual, extra commands
become available, like setting window titles on GGI visuals.

There is a demo in there to show you how it is done.

> If not, it won't work because GNUplot is being compiled without any X
> support, so *compiling* will fail...

It is a GGI thing, so no worries. Just like the GGI target will basically
make the internal X support of gnuplot redundant.

It works by hooking into the dynamic loading mechanism of LibGGI. When it
sees the X renderer being loaded, it will load the X specific  override
functions for the WMH functions as well, which will magically make them
work on X (or other windowed environments), but fail on others, which
should be precisely what you want to know.

> I would like to be able to run in X even if in compile-time there were
> no X-related stuff...

Sure. Should work.

> Btw, the Octave ggiGetc problem persists... If someone wants the GGI driver
> to test with it I can send it (its very simple).

That's not an easy thing to solve ...
You might want to try setting GGI_NEWVT.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =