* [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [000128 03:06]:

> > * How can I get the resolution of the visual?
>
> This one is simple: ggiGetMode():

Thanks! There was no man page for ggi_mode, but a brief look at types.h did
the trick.

> > * How can I tell if I'm using the X11 device or not?
>
> Umm - usually you can't. Why do you want to know ?

If on console, I must wait for a key to release the console. If in a
windowing system, I must not, since the plot will be in another window...
And waiting for a key is giving problems on Octave.

> There is a way of doing this using the wmh-extension, however it will
> basically tell you if you are running under a windowing system (of which
> only X is supported yet).

Is this a GGI thing? If not, it won't work because GNUplot is being compiled
without any X support, so *compiling* will fail... I would like to be able
to run in X even if in compile-time there were no X-related stuff...

Btw, the Octave ggiGetc problem persists... If someone wants the GGI driver
to test with it I can send it (its very simple).

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius      o__     o__     o__     o__     o__
Stanford University               ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_

HE WHO SACRIFICES FUNCTIONALITY FOR EASE OF USE
LOSES BOTH AND DESERVES NEITHER