Hi,

Nick Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> All user interface parts of The GIMP should be US English with any parts
> translated into British English by using gettext and locale en_GB. Since
> our resources are limited, the manual & documentation should be US English
> throughout.

right. There has been work on translating the help as well. At the
moment however we should first concentrate on getting help finished
for 1.3 in US english.

> It's possible if your locale /is/ set to en_GB that you're just seeing a
> partial translation, which you can confirm by running 'LC_ALL=C gimp'

the string was indeed spelled incorrectly. I have now fixed some of the
more obvious things Michael suggested:

2003-03-04  Sven Neumann  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        Based on suggestions by Michael J. Hammel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

        * app/gui/preferences-dialog.c: use US english spelling, fixed a
        typo.

        * app/config/gimprc-blurbs.h: rephrased some blurbs so they fit
        better as tooltips.

Salut, Sven

BTW: The en_GB translation seems pretty much abandoned. Perhaps
     someone wants to bring it uptodate ?