Daniel Egger wrote:

Am Sam, 2003-07-19 um 19.10 schrieb Carol Spears:

It is difficult to share a "freshman" attempt with developers.
If anyone is interested in seeing what I am doing, helping, commenting or running it through validation devices, feel free
to suggest the best way to share these files.

For the first you managed to confuse me. I'd be happy to help you if I can get a grasp of your problem which probably requires you to reiterate: - What you're trying to do? - Your idea of a possible solution - Your steps to achieve the desired goal - The problems you're facing

(English in whole sentences would be my preferred language; don't care
about correct use of hyphens. :))

I also will not write any English documentation until I can afford to buy that book that explains the English rules about
hyphens.

Forget about XML and hyphens; send your text over in plain ascii and we'll get the rest fixed. :)

BTW: [EMAIL PROTECTED] is not reachable, anyone having a valid address of
him or can ask for one on IRC?

Unfortunately, syngin is not around. I hope he comes back soon.

I tried to work the information that can be found from the
plugins themselves, via the pdb. I was going to write a
docbook-website template and have gimp write it himself, like
my gallery pages or the resource pages that were never finished for mmmaybe.gimp.org. The docbook-website (even
though it uses the simple docbook) was cumbersome and horrible
and impossible to use without great stretches of the imagination. So many useless things for gimp information.

So I made my own layout. Anybody with a handful of well written python pieces should be able to write a script that
would scoop the information from the gimp and put it into this layout. From there, it should be able to go right into a web
page via some xsl. I am working through the dtd part right
now.

I added a few things to the layout that I would like to see from the plugin authors as well. So, my layout is a little bigger than the pdb entry as it stands.

My goal is to remove the less essential plugins and present them on a web page. If the dtd is written properly for this,
the information should be useful for other projects.

I am attaching the files. Sorry. I need to work through my apache configuration as well as mutt before I can share these
files the right way. Please be patient with me.

I actually downloaded the gimp2 module from cvs and added a directory called dtd and another called xml to what is already
there. I have only done this on my computer though, i have yet to check it in.

Adding cvs directories on your home computer is one of my favorite conversation starters, by the way. It brings out the
best in people on the irc, and I am hoping it will do the same
on the gimp-developer list as well :)

carol

<plugin>
   <title></title>
   <summary>
      <abstract></abstract>
      <mediacontainer></mediacontainer>
      <para></para>
      <homepage></homepage>
   </summary>
   <version></version>
   <environment>
      <language>
         <script></script>
         <locale></locale>
      </language>
      <revision>
      </revision>
   </environment>
   <authorgroup>
     <author>
        <firstname></firstname>
        <othername></othername>
        <surname></surname>
        <homepage></homepage>
        <email></email>
        <mediacontainer></mediacontainer>
     </author>
     <othercredit>
        <firstname></firstname>
        <othername></othername>
        <surname></surname>
        <homepage></homepage>
        <email></email>
        <mediacontainer></mediacontainer>
     </othercredit>
     <maintainer>
        <firstname></firstname>
        <othername></othername>
        <surname></surname>
        <homepage></homepage>
        <email></email>
        <mediacontainer></mediacontainer>
     </maintainer>
   </authorgroup>
   <license>
      <date></date>
      <info></info>
   </license>
   <toolbox>
      <file>
         <acquire />
         <dialogs />
         <debug />
      </file>
      <xtns>
         <web>
            <logos />
            <buttons />
            <themes />
         </web>
         <patterns />
         <utils>
            <brushes />
            <curves />
            <environ />
            <fractalexplorer />
            <gfig />
            <gflare />
            <gimprc />
            <gimpressionist />
            <gradients />
            <gtkrc />
            <levels />
            <menurc />
            <modules />
            <palettes />
            <parasiterc />
            <patterns />
            <userplugins />
            <pluginrc />
            <scripts />
            <sessionrc />
            <templaterc />
            <templates />
            <themes />
            <tmp />
            <tool-options />
            <unitrc />
         </utils>
         <misc />
         <test />
         <browser>
            <web>
            </web>
            <image />
            <console>
               <perl />
               <python />
               <scriptfu />
            </console>
            <procedural>
               <standard />
               <perl />
               <python />
               <scriptfu />
            </procedural>
         </browser>
      </xtns>
   </toolbox>
   <image>
      <file>
         <save />
      </file>
      <edit>
         <buffer />
      </edit>
      <select />
      <view />
      <image>
         <mode />
         <transform />
      </image>
      <layer>
         <stack />
         <colors>
            <auto />
         </colors>
         <mask />
         <transparency />
         <transform />
      </layer>
      <filters>
         <colors>
           <map />
         </colors>
         <edgedetect />
         <enhance />
         <generic />
         <effects>
           <blur />
           <glass />
           <light />
           <distort />
           <artistic />
           <combine />
         </effects>
         <map />
         <render>
           <noise />
           <clouds />
           <nature />
           <patterns />
         </render>
         <web />
         <animation />
         <toys />
      </filters>
      </image>
   <name></name>
   <input></input>
   <output></output>
   <help>
      <subtitle></subtitle>
      <para></para>
      <mediaobject></mediaobject>
   </help>
   <keybinding></keybinding>
</plugin>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE plugin   [
<!ELEMENT plugin (title, summary, version, environment, authorgroup, license,
                  toolbox, image, name, input, output, help, keybinding)>
   <!ATTLIST title (CDATA) >
   <!ELEMENT summary EMPTY>
   <!ATTLIST summary abstract CDATA #REQUIRED
             summary homepage CDATA
             summary para CDATA #REQUIRED
             summary mediacontainer EMPTY >
   <!ATTLIST summary mediacontainer blurb CDATA  (name | profession | date)
             summary mediacontainer image* EMPTY
             summary mediacontainer sound CDATA>
   <!ATTLIST summary mediacontainer image source CDATA #REQUIRED
             summary mediacontainer image width  CDATA #REQUIRED
             summary mediacontainer image height CDATA #REQUIRED
             summary mediacontainer image alt    CDATA #REQUIRED >
   <!ELEMENT version ()>
   <!ELEMENT environment EMPTY>
   <!ELEMENT environment language EMPTY>
   <!ATTLIST environment language script (standard | perl | python | scriptfu)
#REQUIRED>
   <!ATTLIST revision CDATA>
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup EMPTY #REQUIRED>
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup author* #REQUIRED>
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup author firstname CDATA
             authorgroup author othernamename CDATA
             authorgroup author surname CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup author homepage CDATA
             authorgroup author email CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup author mediacontainer EMPTY>
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup author mediacontainer blurb CDATA  (name | profession | date)
             authorgroup author mediacontainer image* EMPTY
             authorgroup author mediacontainer sound CDATA >
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup author mediacontainer image source CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup author mediacontainer image width  CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup author mediacontainer image height CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup author mediacontainer image alt    CDATA #REQUIRED >
   <!ELEMENT authorgroup othercredit* EMPTY>
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup othercredit firstname CDATA
             authorgroup othercredit othername CDATA
             authorgroup othercredit surname CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup othercredit homepage CDATA
             authorgroup othercredit email CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer EMPTY>
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer blurb CDATA  (name | profession |
date)
             authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer image* EMPTY
             authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer sound CDATA >
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer image source CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer image width  CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer image height CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup othercredit mediacontainer image alt    CDATA #REQUIRED >
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup maintainer EMPTY #REQUIRED >
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup maintainer firstname CDATA
             authorgroup maintainer othername CDATA
             authorgroup maintainer surname CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup maintainer homepage CDATA
             authorgroup maintainer email CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer EMPTY>
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer blurb CDATA  (name | profession |
date)
             authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer image* EMPTY
             authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer sound CDATA >
   <!ATTLIST authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer image source CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer image width  CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer image height CDATA #REQUIRED
             authorgroup maintainer mediacontainer image alt    CDATA #REQUIRED >

]>