[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2003-09-25 at 2008.02 +0200):
> You have a point here. I think that what was chosen was the
> consistency of Shift as negation. I think that's probably a goal

Relation, not just plain negation. So that is why using shift for
grouping would be fine.

> we could work towards. It certainly makes a lot of logical sense.
> But then, so does having + to zoom in instead of =, and look how
> many bug reports that's got us :)

I thought the logic behind = for zoom is that it is in the same key
than + (in USA kbds, at least) but people wanted to avoid using
Shift. I guess people's logic includes comfort. :]