Sven,

> The [WilberWorks] website
> seems bought off and of course not much is left to be found on google
> and friends. This is the best link I could find...

Google deserves more credit.

Here's what Larry Ewing says:

http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/gimp/wilber.html

According to Wired, WilberWorks was founded by Scott Goehring.

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,10975,00.html

Can anyone say with certainty whether that is the same Scott Goehring that
founded alt.religion.scientology?

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/3.12/alt.scientology.war.html?pg=2&topic=

> Let's hope one of the folks involved into this can tell us more about
> the goals of WilberWorks and why it didn't work (that well). Perhaps
> there are things we can learn from it...

Federico Mena Quintero and Scott Goehring reportedly worked on
plug_in_whirl_pinch.

http://hans.breuer.org/gimp/pdb/byauthor.html

Perhaps Federico has a comment on Scott Goehring and what happened to
WilberWorks.

Cheers,

Robin