Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Rearranging the core menus is a matter of editing a couple of XML files.

I should probably add that this is primarily meant as a way to easily
edit the menu structure with the goal of getting these changes
accepted in the GIMP development tree. I don't like the idea of seeing
forks of the menu structure since this will make documentation
difficult to say the least. It will also break mnemonics. Mnemonics
are defined in the menu labels and their translations and a lot of
effort has gone into avoiding collisions. Moving menus around will
finally make string changes necessary which is something that you
cannot do with the GtkUiManager XML files.

The possibility to easily rearrange the menus is nice to have but
should be used with care.