On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 02:34:28PM -0400, woc wrote:
> On 8/24/05, Manish Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well, the python bindings are disted with GIMP, though not on Windows.
> > This will change with GIMP 2.4 though.
> >
> > If you care about Windows, you should've said so from the beginning. ;)
> > You're basically stuck with C for 2.2, script-fu won't cut it.
>
> ... and I was almost sure I mentioned that portability is a priority for me.
> I apologize for failng to ennumerate the current and potential
> future platforms I might hope to let people use. </wry>

Yeah, and you contradicted this statement when you said that C wasn't
portable enough for you. There are differing definitions of what
"portability" means.

> Oh well, looks like C it is, with all the non-portability that implies.
> I was hoping for more generic abstractions.

You could patch script-fu to do what you want, or you could deploy
pygimp or gimp-perl to your users, since they are running a custom app
anyway... It's up to you how much you want to constrain yourself.

-Yosh