On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 02:13 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> We're agreed about how this tool should operate but I'd still like to
> review how some of these items are classed as transformations. I dont
> think that makes sense to the user.

Well, we can't really decide that without doing some usability research.
We aren't users, so we can't create categories in a way that makes sense
to the users.

This would probably be a nice task for card sorting. Make a pile of
cards with tool names (and perhaps tool icons) on them and ask a number
of selected users to sort them into a bunch of piles. You could
predefine categories or you could ask the users to come up with their
own categories. There are standard protocols for analyzying the results.