From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:35:35 +0100

   On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:54 -0800, Akkana Peck wrote:

   > And a few RFEs which would be needed to get the print dialog to
   > functionality comparable to the existing gimp-print plug-in.
   > I don't know whether these belong to gtkprint or gimp:
   > - No way to adjust margins
   > - Page Setup should be in the Layout tab, not a separate dialog
   > - No live preview

   I don't think that comparable functionality is a goal of the new
   Print plug-in. People can always install the gutenprint plug-in if
   they need this functionality. Not saying that the new Print plug-in
   shouldn't be improved, but it should not be our goal to overload it
   until is has all the features that the gimp-print plug-in had.

Whatever one thinks of all the color adjustments and the
Gimp-Print/Gutenprint UI in general, the live preview and margin/page
adjustments always attract comment if something breaks about them...

Project lead for Gutenprint   --

--Eric Crampton