On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 01:58:21PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Despite the idiot-user title of this feature (copied for PS it seems)

> If the user is so lame that they are going to click on a feature called
> "save for the web"

If a user wants to save images for use on the web, save_for_the_web
is high level thinking and not lame or idiotic.

The choice of format is secondary.
1. save for web
2. use most appropiate format

> Someone
> choosing "save for the web" needs help, let's provide some rather than
> maintaining them in thier ignoracen and providing enevitably compromised
> solutions.

I know the characteristics of JPG, PNG, GIF. I can usually tell
what will work best. There are border cases, though. Then I have
to experiment and can't formulate save_as_jpg or save_as_my_png
as my initial goal at all.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: