On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:02:48 +0200, damianzalewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> gcn> I agree that the tools should aimed towards "top end" users not
> splicing.
> gcn> Gimp's declared aim is to provide tools for creating elements for
> web
> gcn> design not page layout.
>
> Does it really mean I have to use separate program to make few cuts.

no. Select , cut, paste as new.

> And how can I make web page without slicing ?

I have no idea what you are trying to "slice" or what effect you are
trying to achieve but assuming you are trying to design a layout that is
capable of adapting to different screen sizes (which you certainly ought
to be doing) you will need to be a bit more engenious than just making a
600x800 and chopping it into a few chuncks.

This is not the place for a tutorial but you should be able to create the
necessary graphic elements by selecting a rectangle , possibly defining a
transparency colour and saving in a suitable format. All that is readily
available in gimp.

The selection tools are now very easy to use precisely and well adapted
for this task.

/gg