On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:12:33 +0100, Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I don't think that making tabbed and floating live together is a very
> hard problem -- Firefox does that just fine (and it sounds like Opera
> does it even better).

Not only do OPera do it better they invented tabbed browsing.

One other detail they do better than the ffx clone is defocus a tab the
same way it is focused. Clicking on the tab brings it to the top , another
click pushes it back. This means you can toggle two tabs' contents without
moving the mouse.

This would be a good feature to implement in Gimp since it would allow
comparison two images without moving the eye away from the point of
interest to aim the mouse.

Now whether ffx did not copy that detail because they use gtk+ and the
"widget" does not have that capability remains to be checked. (Linux Opera
is qt).

regards.