Liam R E Quin wrote:
> (3) if for some reason the user presses save and nothing happens, a
>     clear message is needed.  Making "save" insensitive is OK too I
>     think, and is what most other programs do in this case. But, if
>     GIMP is primarily catering to the "power user", it should go
>     ahead and save, and not try to out-guess anyone.

But what happens if "save" is insensitive and the user hits whatever key
combination she has assigned to "save"?

I would at least expect GIMP to beep at me in that case, since the menu
option's insensitive state isn't readily visible with them menu closed...

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......