Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 08/04/2009 08:27 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:
>> Well, there have been some good arguments brought up in this thread why
>> saving a clean image may make sense. So perhaps we should change the
>> default for 'trust-dirty-flag' back to 'no' and always save the image?
> I was about to propose changing the default back to "no" too
>   / Martin

I think that is a good short term solution since it can be done with
trivial effort.

Although for the next cycle, a more rigourous solution could be better.

I think not saving has merit for large files (especially long png
compression) on condition this is clearly put to the user.

I'd suggest a modal  "trust me, do it anyway " vs "OK, forget it" choice
that could avoid 30s saves at the expense of one click. The reasons have
now been well covered.

Once such a solution is found (and the parasite bug fixed) trust-dirty
could be back on.

I have opened a bug about the comment parasite not being detected.