Liam R E Quin wrote:
> So I press save, and go for a coffee, and come back confident my
> file was saved, knowing that I'd get huge alarm bells ringing if
> the operation failed.  And your "elevated status" message would be
> as long gone as Sven's much less irritating but basically invisible
> status bar message.

How about only starting the timer after the user proceeds to work on the
image (drawing, selecting, running a filter, etc.)?

(I really like the browser info bars Firefox utilizes for quick find or
for asking whether to remember a password - I believe the latter
actually stays around until you navigate away from the current page,
which would be similar to my "until the user works on the image"...)

Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......
np: Orbital - Lush 3 (2Orbital (Disc 1))