On 13.08.2010 02:34, Robert Krawitz wrote:
>     Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:58:45 +0200
>     From: yahvuu<yah...@gmail.com>
>
>     OK, here i'm silently presuming that GIMP is fed with absolute
>     color data (meaning that the device color profile is known in case
>     device dependend colors are given).  In my regard, that is 'normal
>     operation'.
>
> What is "absolute color data"?

That was thought as "color data that is defined in an absolute color space, or
can
be unambiguously transformed into such a color space". Perhaps a better term is
'unambiguous color data'.

I'm still searching for a good term which shortens "colors that are specified
using
device independent color specification -- that is either by using a device
independent
color space, or by using a device dependent color space plus the corresponding
device
color profile".

regards,
yahvuu