On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:39 PM, peter sikking <pe...@mmiworks.net> wrote:
> so back to your argument:
>
> 1) there is no value in usability testing random ideas, as were
> implemented here. There are thousands of random ideas, with an
> infinite number of combinations. there is value in testing UI designs
> (step 2–5) to debug their concepts.
>
> 2) throwing out a prototype and getting some user feedback _is_ by
> definition the armpit of usability. proper testing is a whole
> other ball-game.

I see your opinion and I find that everyone like talking about GUI things :)

Actually I'm not so interested in the GUI, but only interested in improving the
brush behavior like line smoothing and color blending feature that is currently
released and maintained as a separate patch by the another member in our
project, which is called GIMP-painter.

And actually GUI patch is only an option.  I think toolbar is a good
option though.
I need some good stuff that can be implemented  quickly to improve my own
brush testing operation, because current GUI has many problems and I can't
find any prospective concept or prototype implemented in the master branch...

So if you all don't want to accept the toolbar, let's ignore them and discuss
about the brush features.
--
sigetch.