On 14.01.2011 21:59, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 05:17:45PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:
>>> Von: Alexia Death <alexiade...@gmail.com>

>>> I think script-fu would be ideal for such use. If you could record an
>>> action, and then optionally convert it to a full script a lot of
>>> convenience and ease of automation would be added.
>> Writing out recorded actions in any language shouldn't be the problem...
> I think that this is one of the most wanted TODO for GIMP.
> If it is not a problem, why noone has planned to do it?

Note the "If you could record an action" in Alexia's message.

Recording is the hard part, actually. The Undo list only has images, not
the commands and parameter values used for them.

See the corresponding report:

Martin wants to change the Undo system using the Command Pattern (see
comment 43 of the above report, and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_Pattern for an explanation of this

Once we have that (or something equivalent), then writing out the
commands in any programming language shouldn't be a problem anymore.

    GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
Plug-ins > http://registry.gimp.org | .de: http://gimpforum.de