On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 10:11:45AM -0700, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
[snip]

> [ OTHER STUFF ]
>
> Speaking of minor stuff, maybe someone could re-arrange the layer mode
> menus? Either sort it alphabetically with "Normal" on top and separated
> from the rest? Or we could even group different modes together with
> separators? Something like this:
>
>       .-------- -- -
> Mode: | Normal
>       +---------- -
>       | Behind
>       | Dissolve
>       +-----------
>       | Multiply (Burn)
>       | Divide (Dodge)
>       | Screen
>       | Overlay
>       | Difference
>       +-----------
>       | Addition
>       | Subtract
>       | Lighten Only  <- do these differ from the above ones
>       | Darken Only   <- (addition & subtract) ?
>       | Value
[snip]

Yeah, Lighten Only and Darken Only take the ligher or darker pixel of the
two combined layers. Addition and Subtraction actually can output a pixel
that is found in neither of the images. Try those four modes with a 25% gray
layer and a 75% gray layer; the difference is pretty blatant.

Zach
--
Zachary Beane       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP mail welcome.   http://www.xach.com/pgpkey.txt