>On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM, erroneus wrote:

>> But it has revealed what I believe are philisophical flaws in GiMP and/or
>> GNOME which I think should be resolved.

>You may see it as a philosophical flow, but I see it as just another
>example of duality.

>> How do I get this shared with developers?

>You already have.

Well that's good news.  But what do you mean by example of duality?

I want to be able to run my older version of GNOME with a newer version of
GiMP.  How can I resolve this?  If the answer is compiling from source, can I
get some hints as to what whole sets of source I need to get and how to go
about installing them?  I suspect it's all about the command line switches
saying something like "install everything in /usr/local/gimp-2.8.0" or
something to that effect.

erroneus (via gimpusers.com)