>I believe you are following a pretty good path, but one so far outside
>the scope
>of GIMP that the answers you've received so far are missing your main
>goal.
>
>You've used GIMP very effectively to capture your cards. What I
>believe you
>want to do next is reorganize them - and to update and change your
>mind
>about the organization whenever it feels right.
>
>Jay is suggesting a data base approach - but it seems to me you just
>want to
>move things around by dragging them from one folder to another. Unless
>you
>have a way to capture the scribbles and interpret them, you most
>likely will find displaying your folder contents as icons and dragging
>them
>from one to another is pretty much all you can do.
>
>   -- Burnie

Thanks Burnie,

You said...."ay is suggesting a data base approach - but it seems to me you just
>want to
>move things around by dragging them from one folder to another. Unless
>you
>have a way to capture the scribbles and interpret them, you most
>likely will find displaying your folder contents as icons and dragging
>them
>from one to another is pretty much all you can do."

Yes Burnie...You said it as simply as anyone, anywhere has said it yet. But HOW
do I do it, CAD package? Whatever that is, PaperPort however that works,
Daminion what is this? I already have all the best reviewed photo
management/viewing software already downloaded, now I just want to get started
and start scanning and making these drag and drop Object? files but I need to
know what to use that is the BEST until then I'm just sitting here waiting for a
solution.

Thanks Burnie,

FriendlyBeginner

--