> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:03:04 -0700
> From: k...@anechoicmedia.com
> To: akk...@shallowsky.com
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior
>
> I find it oddly unsettling how the developers have consistently turned a
> deaf ear to this important issue by not making it possible in the
> settings to allow GIMP users to select the old way of "saving as" and
> exporting content instead of being forced into one way of doing
> things...which leads me to wonder if there might be a hidden agenda of
> some sort?

I totally understand this impression (it's not just save/export where this
"deaf ear" happens), but the fact remains that the decision was made long
before that.

Documentation for the Save/Export distinction (and the decision to implement
it) goes all the way back to March, 2009:
- http://gui.gimp.org/index.php?title=Save_%2B_export_specification&oldid=543

GIMP 2.8.0 was released in 2012 -- a full Three Years Later.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com