On 01/03/2014 03:10 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> 03 янв. 2014 г. 22:55 пользователь "Steve Kinney" <ad...@pilobilus.net>
> написал:
>>
>> On 01/02/2014 08:48 PM, Daniel Hauck wrote:
>>
>>> Yes and I'm pretty sure most people are getting what I'm driving at
>>> -- standards of function, design and behavior.
>>
>> I never read more than one or two messages per 100 in "Save Vs.
>> Export Blows Goats (I Have Proof)" threads, but if what you are
>> driving at is standards of function, design and behavior, I'm all
>> for that!
>
> Are you all for that _what_?

I'm all for "standards of function, design and behavior."

Like for instance, when the GIMP saves a file, this file preserves
the state of the project's work in progress; it is a project file,
not an image file.

And for instance, when creating a file formatted for end use by any
of numerous applications, that's "exporting the project" as a
finished product, e.g. an image file.

A user has to do one [1] extra extra mouse click or keyboard
shortcut to "discard" a project that has been exported without being
saved.  That's a reminder to save the work if it might be of any
future use.  As such it's a common and expected feature, seen across
a range of software from word processors and desktop publishing
packages to video editing suites.  This feature imposes no hardship
on any user and occasionally prevents lost work.

I don't normally feed trolls.  But this week I am doing an
experiment in counter-trolling, in several contexts.  This will
probably be my last post in a troll threads on gimp-user this year.
 Sometimes, one must misbehave.

:o)

Steve