On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 01:55:11AM +0100, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Sven Neumann schrieb:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Sven Burmeister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >

> >>I am using Suse 9.0 and KDE 3.1.4 with gimp 1.3.2
> >

> >If that's really version 1.3.2 you are using then an update would long
> >be overdue.
> Hi,
> thanks for the quick hint.
> In fact un update was overdue as it seems, do not know why Suse still
> supplies that old version.
> Anyway, using the 2.0pre I still have the problem that when I select two
> files in Konqueror and open them with gimp-remote -n I get one gimp
> instance and only one picture. If I select more than two e.g. 4 and open
> them I get gimp, gimp<2>,<3>,<5> and only three images opened.
> And still there is no option in the preferences to never open more than
> one instance.

What's happening is that Konqueror is calling gimp-remote -n once for each
file, instead of listing all the files on a single invocation of gimp-remote.
Since gimp takes a while to start up, gimp-remote thinks there isn't one
there, so it starts new instances of the app.

Konqueror should be fixed to do the right thing, instead of doing contortions
in gimp-remote to fix this.