Hi,

Sven Burmeister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Why would it be so wrong to add one tiny little checkbox to the
> preferences to just allow one instance which would help all people
> that come from windows and in this case also use kde?

There's nothing wrong with that expect that a tiny little checkbox is
not sufficient. This will require major changes and it is not trivial
to implement in a portable fashion. There seems to be consensus among
the GIMP developers that the gimp-remote functionality should be
integrated into the main executable but no decision was made on how
this should be implemented. Perhaps we can do this change for
GIMP-2.2.

Sven