Carol Spears schrieb:
hi,
On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 10:48:15PM +0100, Sven Burmeister wrote:

one thing about kde that always annoys me is that no one working on gimp
uses kde or cares to.  another thing about kde that annoys me is that no
one from kde comes to help, they only come to rewrite it.

perhaps konqueor issues should be handled by the Konqueor.  history is
written by the winners afterall, so any application naming themselves
something as silly as Konqueror had better maintain their own FAQ! and
history and such.  i have a feeling that the gimp-developers would not
be able to write a favorable FAQ! about kde issues without lying.

Hello!

So gnome and others handle this the right way? If this is so I would file a bug for kde, otherwise it does not seem to be a kde-only problem.

Why would it be so wrong to add one tiny little checkbox to the preferences to just allow one instance which would help all people that come from windows and in this case also use kde? I mean other programs do handle this well, such as opera and only open once no matter how fast you try to open them multiple times.

you might help the Konquerorers by pointing them at the gimp-remote
manpages.  does kde have those?

So I cannot configure my kde the way to handle this?

Cheers,

Sven