On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 09:55:59PM +0200, David Neary wrote:
> Getting something to the stage "where my grandmother would use
> it" is a proverbial way of describing making technology
> accessible to a larger public.
>
> I am sure this was the sense in which Luis was talking when he
> said he wanted something his mother could use. That is not the
> reason things are simplified, but it is a soundbite describing
> the general goal of opening things up to a larger public.

And it is, when it boils down to it, a cop out fluff answer. Which is
Carol's point, that it was a non-answer, and that she expected a better
answer, more from a technical perspective.

Perhaps the assumption that making technology accessible to a larger,
untrained public should be revisited. There wouldn't be spam if nobody
bought from spammers.

-Yosh