On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 05:22:10PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [12-09-05 17:05]:
> > Maybe Novell could consider rehiring some of their linux staff and
> > coming up with a distribution entitled "Professionally Enabled".  i
> > dunno, it has a certain flair and appeal to it, you think?
> You keep referring to 'rehiring .. linux staff'.  I beleive what I
> read indicated that it was not the linux staff (SUSE) that was let go,
> but other divisions.

There were layoffs across all divisions, including the SuSE and Ximian

An investment bank came out with a report that recommended Novell treat
Linux as a growth market (which it is) and only make cuts on their aging
product lines. This, especially when coming from an investment banking
firm, is surprisingly good long term advice, I'm puzzled why Novell
didn't heed it.