On Saturday 29 August 2009 08:15:11 zed wrote:
> That, together with the fact that at the start a tool is
> selected and I click on the image and wonder what has happened and how I
> change it..

i had the same "problem" when i started using gimp. not used to the shape and
meaning of pointers, i was wondering what might happen if i clicked somewhere
on the open image. quick way to choose an "inoffensive" tool that doesn't
change anything inadvertantly is hitting "e" on the keyboard, activating the
ellypse selection tool, or "r" for rectangle selection. and if you happen to do
something you didn't want to, there's always ctrl-z to "undo" whatever you