On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Kelly Lynn Martin wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:53:31 -0600 (CST), Andrew Kieschnick
> >If the problem is caused by a BUG is your ***, then its a solution,
> >and the selection problem is caused by buggy window managers. I know
> >kwm and icewm both suffered from this bug at some point.
> Generally, problems with using selection modifier keys are the result
> of window managers which grab control+button.  The solution is to fix
> your window manager configuration.

Back at some point, I was told that my problems with selection
addition/subtraction/intersection were due to a bug in icewm, which a
couple of other window managers also suffered from. The problem only
showed up when you had a selection already and were trying to
add/subtract/intersect it - it always thought you wanted a new
selection; other than that, ctrl/alt/shift+click stuff worked.

> I have no ideas what needs to be done for Windows.  Gimp32 is terribly
> alpha and very few of us even give a damn about it, let alone care to
> fix bugs specific to that version. :)

It seemed to work fine when I installed it for my brother. I have no idea
what version it was though.